Are you a prospective student or a recently admitted student wanting to visit the program?
We are happy to arrange your visit! Requests for visits are high this time of year, so providing a minimum of 1-2 weeks notice is encouraged. Please call our main office number at 608-263-2900 and our front office staff will assist you.
Interested in learning more about our Distance MA program? View the recording of our 2014 Information Session:
http://wisc.adobeconnect.com/p2lmepcobnh/ Duration: 1:01
Use controls on the right to advance the slides. Don't see the controls? Click the control circled in red.
Welcome! We're delighted that you are considering the SLIS MA program (on-campus or distance) for graduate school in library & information studies. Reasons to consider an MA through the University of Wisconsin-Madison are many and include:
- Learning and graduating from a nationally ranked graduate program, one of the oldest ALA-accredited Library & Information Studies programs in the country, a program, which has been ALA-accredited since the American Library Association began accrediting library programs.
- Engaging with faculty, instructional staff and practicing professionals in classes where the instructor to student ratio is small; course instructors are able to give focused attention on their students both in and outside of the class.
- Working with fellow students in a culture that is friendly, supportive, and fosters collaboration across the various specialty areas of study.
- Practicing the theory and skills learned in class at one of a broad range of library or information agencies during your field placement, which prepares you to "hit the ground running" upon graduation.
- Access to all the resources a Tier One Research University has to offer, including an outstanding research community that crosses disciplines and moves the field forward, and over 40 libraries that serve the campus' teaching, research and community service missions.
We invite you to learn more about our program and our community; find more information under the Related Links menu to the right.
Interested in learning more about our On-Campus MA program? View the recording of a past information session: